Monday, November 28, 2011

De-Stress So You Can Do Your Best

Welcome back everyone. I hope everyone had an enjoyable and relaxing Thanksgiving. As finals/ final project due dates are nearing us at a rapid pace, I decided to dedicate this post to 5 ways we can de-stress ourselves.

1. Meditation: This is a fast and effective way to lower your stress level. One of my favorites is laying down on the bed or any flat surface for 8 minutes. Easy? Not really. The hardest part of the 8 Minute Meditation is emptying your mind of all thoughts and only concentrating on your breathing while relaxing every muscle. It takes a while to perfect it, but it is beneficial when you do.

2. Yoga: Some of you all may be groaning, but it is true. Yoga is relaxing. There are different levels of Yoga so be sure to pick the one that is best for you. I particularly like and recommend Power Vinyasa. It is fairly close to a work-out. It is a series of yoga positions mixed with cardio that concentrates on your breathing. Every time I go, I come out completely relaxed.

3. Music: Yes, music. It can relax your mind and sooth your soul. I would recommend something soothing and light. I prefer Adele and Maroon 5, because they are soothing, yet I don't sacrifice my favorite artists. Try to stay away from rock. It does sooth at times, but usually it feeds into anxiety because of the harsh tones and beat.

4. Tea: Drink Tea. Any type of tea will do, but I would recommend Chamomile. It is by nature a soothing tea that calms. It also eases stomach problems including the stomach flu.

5. Exercise: I know this seems out of place, but I wanted to put it in because some people are relaxed when they are active. Exercises releases tension in your muscles and causes you to focus. So while your at the gym, hit a punching bag or two and pretend it's all of your problems.

Thanks for tuning in and be safe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment